The Charlottesville Angel Network ("CAN"), founded in 2015, is a group of high-net worth individuals, family offices, and successful entrepreneurs who come together on a monthly basis to evaluate start-up company investment presentations in a wide variety of early-stage companies that present high-growth opportunities with a focus on the life science, technology, software, consumer products, and advanced materials fields.
Companies in which CAN members invest are primarily located in, or have strong ties to, the Charlottesville, VA area; however, CAN invests in companies in other geographic regions. CAN assembles its members from different industries and with varying levels of experience into organized network to:
- Facilitate entrepreneurs bringing forth and attaining success with innovations and ventures.
- Provide a place for young companies to come to seek funding.
- Provide a place for those with expertise and capital to provide feedback to entrepreneurs, mentor them and provide contacts and resources.
- Generate wealth that can be reseeded: fund deals that bring money into communities to grow the next crop of successful innovation-based businesses and increase the cycle.
- Create companies that support our region's economy.
- Unite to build Charlottesville into a world-class entrepreneurial ecosystem.